The purpose of this information is to outline basic Resident conduct at The Brickyard. The Texas Apartment Association (TAA) Lease outlines additional details on Community Conduct
- Television sets, stereos, radios, etc. are to be played at a volume which will not disturb others and that cannot be heard from outside your apartment home and/or patios. Please respect your neighbors and keep the noise level down between the hours of 10pm-8am. If courtesy patrol is called out to your apartment home, you will be subject to a $75 disturbance fee. Please note when on your patio, sounds can echo and can be heard by surrounding homes.
- Entrances, hallways, walkways, parking garages, lawns and other public areas must be kept clear. No personal belongings may be placed in these areas. Gasoline, cleaning solvents and other combustibles cannot be stored on the property at any time. Loitering, standing or smoking in the garages, breezeways or stairwells will not be allowed at any time.
- Window Coverings. All window coverings and curtains must be on the inside of the blinds. No foil, cardboard, or any other material not designated as window treatments may be placed on the windows. Only the white blinds should be visible from the outside.
- The City of Farmers Branch prohibits the use or storage of any charcoal or gas grills, hibachi or smoker on patios, balconies, or inside apartment homes. If you are cited for violating this code or failing to comply, you will be subject to a fine by Management and/or City Fire Department. We have community grills for your use in the interior courtyards and at the swimming pool area. Electric grills are not allowed at any time.
- Residents and their guests may park in any unmarked/open space on the property. Residents may not park in any reserved parking space they are not currently renting. Resident understands the community grounds are not monitored and Owner is not responsible for any lost, stolen or vandalized property including but not limited to vehicles, motorcycles and personal belongings. Residents are asked to be respectful of their neighbors when selecting parking for a second vehicle, especially those that are not driven on a regular basis.
- Inoperable or abandoned vehicles are not permitted anywhere on the property. Vehicles must display a current inspection and registration sticker at all times. Trailers of any kind and/or any recreational vehicle are not allowed to be stored or parked on the property. Residents may not wash or repair their vehicles on property. Any vehicle not in compliance with these, as well as TAA parking policies, are subject to tow at any time at the expense of the vehicle owner.
- There is no charge assessed if a lockout occurs during normal
business hours. Any individual wishing to gain access to an apartment
must be listed on the lease agreement and present photo identification.
- The fitness and clubroom facilities are provided for use and enjoyment of the Resident and 2 guests only. Owner assumes no liability for the safety and security of Residents or their guests. There should be no expectation of privacy through use of community supplied Wi-Fi, and any usage constitutes Residents explicit consent to Owners possible monitoring and examination of all use of Owners computers. The retrieval, recording, transmission or display of any kind of sexually explicit graphics, audio or documents in the business center is strictly prohibited. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Resident also understands that the following will not be allowed at any time:
- Glass containers in the pool area
- Pets in the pool area
- Loud music in either area
- Profanity or obscene behavior in either area
- Disruptive behavior in either area
- Horseplay in either area
- Residents or guests under 16 without appropriate supervision
- More than two (2) guests per resident pass
- Anyone in the pool area after 10:00 pm
Team Members, Courtesy Officers, and City Officers are authorized to ask a resident to vacate the area if violating any of the above policies. Hostility towards any of those authorized to regulate the areas will not be tolerated, and could lead to fines, lease violations, and eviction from the community. Please remember we have these policies in place so that all residents are able to enjoy a fun and safe environment.
- All water activities including but not limited to diving, swimming, fishing, and boating, are strictly prohibited along the adjacent waterway. The waterway is not monitored and anyone entering does so at their own risk. Residents and guests of residents may be subject to fines, violations of their lease terms, or evictions from the community.
- The clubroom will be open to residents and two guests. The area can be reserved for private parties. Please contact the management office for hours, pricing, and limitations on conduct. The clubroom, like other common area facilities, is not monitored and is to be used at your own risk.
- Anyone under 16 years of age must be with an adult on the property grounds, clubhouses, fitness facility, swimming pool, courtyards, business center and laundry room at all times.
- Team sports such as football, soccer, kickball, dodge ball, etc., are not allowed in any of the parking lots, parking garages and/or courtyards. Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, skates, etc., may not be ridden in any parking garage, on sidewalks, or in breezeways.
- As a Resident in this Community, you may be exposed to wildlife and pests. Please note that Owner is not responsible for any injury, damage or loss to person or property due to exposure.
- If any personal information changes during your lease term, you are required to notify the leasing office of these changes so that we may have your updated information. This includes emergency contacts, workplace, phone numbers, name changes, etc.
- The Brickyard will be a non-smoking community. Smoking indoors, in the hallways, and at any common area, including the swimming pool, fitness center, and surrounding areas, is prohibited.
- If you allow a pet in your enclosed private area, then you agree to abide by all of the rules set forth in the separate Animal Addendum.
- Pets are not allowed to urinate/defecate on your balcony/patio at any time. If your pet defecates at any time in your enclosed private area, it is your responsibility to clean up after your pet on a daily basis.
- Pets may not be left unattended in the enclosed private area at any time.
- Any pet damage to the enclosed private area will be charged to the lease holder
Enclosed Private Area Rules :
- It is our responsibility to keep grass in your enclosed private area trimmed and irrigated. To enable and assist us in mowing your enclosed private area, you agree to keep the lawn free of all property and other items when not in use, including lawn furniture, toys, etc. You also agree not to hinder or obstruct any of the sprinkler heads located in your enclosed private area.
- You agree that any damage to your personal belongings or property caused during the mowing or watering of your enclosed private area are your responsibility and not the Owner. You agree to hold us harmless and indemnify us for all costs of litigation and attorneys fees resulting from any such damage to your personal belongings or property left in your enclosed private area
- You agree not to plant any trees, shrubs, plants or flowers in your lawn. You also agree not to alter or remove any plant material installed by Owner at any time, for any reason. You may plant trees, shrubs, plants or flowers in pots, planters or other moveable containers as long as those containers are not kept on the lawn itself. It is your responsibility to maintain water and tend to any trees, shrubs, plants or flowers that you plant in such containers.
Violation of Rules
If you, your guest or any occupant violates any of the rules concerning enclosed private area maintenance (based solely upon our judgment and discretion) and we give you written notice of such violation, then you must immediately remedy the situation. Fines may also be assessed for non-compliance of written violation. Likewise, if we receive a reasonable complaint from a neighbor or other Resident or if we, in our sole discretion, determine that any activity you are engaging in or conducting in your enclosed private area or on your patio/balcony has disturbed neighbors or other Residents, than you must immediately cease such activity or conduct upon receipt of written notice. We also have all other rights and remedies set forth in paragraph 27 of the Lease Contract, including damages, eviction and attorneys fees.
Liability for Damages, Injuries, Cleaning, Etc.
You and all co-Residents will be jointly liable for the entire amount of all damages to your enclosed private area or other exterior improvements caused by your violation of any of these rules. If items cannot be satisfactorily cleaned or repaired, you must pay to replace them completely. Payment for damages, repairs, cleaning, replacements, etc. are due immediately upon demand.
We have the right to make reasonable changes to the enclosed private area maintenance rules from time to time if we distribute a written copy of any changes to every Resident.
You acknowledge that no oral agreement exists regarding enclosed private area maintenance. This enclosed private area Maintenance Addendum is considered part of the Lease Contract. It has been executed in multiple originals, one for you and one or more for Owner.